I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God, in Him I lean and rely and in Him I confidently trust. Psalm 91:2
Friday, February 11, 2011
Beauty OR Ashes
Every so often, I have to remind myself why I am still here. So, many times my flesh would rather run away. It just seems like that would be so less painful!! However, I know without a doubt that the Lord's desire was for me to give my marriage another chance. I know that may sound silly, because we all know God hates divorce, but after years of being hurt so many times with the same issue, I know that If I would have chosen to walk away, I would not have been being disobedient. It was the first time that I have ever really felt released to leave him. So, why didn't I? Because, even though I felt like God had released me, He was asking me to take the higher road. It's hard to explain. It's like He was saying, it's ok if you leave, but I would rather you stay and love Him as I have loved you. So today, I am reminding myself that I am still here because this is what my Savior desired for me to do. It is so hard. I know He has so much He wants to teach me through this process. What I am learning cannot be taught by books or sermons. Obviously, I am a slow learner and thankfully, He knows and understands that. I can rest in the fact that He will strengthen me and He will enable me to do what He has called me to do. I have to RUN to Him, on days like today, when I am weak, fearful, and insecure. I have to choose to walk by faith and not by emotion. I have to learn to love my husband the way Christ loves me, no strings attached. With God's love in control, I know beauty for ashes is inevitable. But, if I choose to fight this process, to hold on to my wants, my desires, my selfishness, ashes is what will remain. There will be no beauty, no life, only death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment