In all the reading I have done over the last few months I ran across this poem......had to share
My knight sat stately upon his steed
Bedecked in his full armor
Sword raised high and aim precise
To defend my love and honor
My gaze told all that was in my heart
Undying love, respect and devotion
My knight embodied all my soul
My hopes, my dreams and emotion
Then the mighty cry was given
The battle did ensue
Knight to knight, sword to sword
So easy to subdue
Reeling from his fatal wound
My knight fell hard and fast
Deception falling from my eyes
I saw the truth at last
He had no chance in battle
All was lost before the start
He was really unprotected
No armor on his heart
All my dreams and plans
Now 'round me shattered
Shards of hope embodied in a man
Now in the dust are scattered
My handsome knight before this day
I never knew his flaw
But my Lord and King, before I was
All my days he saw
He scooped me up
And held me tight
Kissed my heart and made it right
With tender love
My heart in hand
He showed me how
I had worshipped a man
Oh, Lord...Please forgive me for allowing my husband to have the place in my heart that I should have only given to You. I realize that I have worshipped a man more than You. Thank you, Jesus for Your relentless love that gently and tenderly takes my broken heart and assures me that it is safe with You. That I don't have to put up walls because of the fear of getting hurt again. I can give my heart to You, totally and completely, and in doing so, can love my husband with a love that is not of this world. It's a love that is beautiful, pure, and unselfish. It's the love I have found in You, my Lord and my King.
No comments:
Post a Comment