Saturday, February 6, 2010

This week.............

  • A friend of faith was diagnosed with cancer
  • A friend lost her battle in court.  Her ex-husband insisted that the protective order that was issued against him be dismissed.  To keep her son from being put on the witness stand and given over to the wolves, she had to choose to let the charges be dismissed. She knew by the Judges comments that she was not going to rule in her favor.  My friend chose her son's dignity over her safety.  It seems the enemy won.
  • 300 people, in my community, laid off from their jobs.
  • A family of five lost their lives to a house fire.  The sweet little boy came to school today...in tears, needing comfort, because he lost his aunt who was like a mom to him.   
  • My sister-in-law lost her Grandpa from a long term illness.

The above things all happened this week.  I do not understand and my heart is grieved.  In my times with my Savior this week, he reminded me that I must trust Him.  In this world we will have trouble but He is with us.   He may not take us out of difficult circumstances but He promised that He would walk with us "through the valley of the shadow of death".   He grieves with us.  He understands how our hearts break. 

Trust always requires having some unanswered questions in our lives.   Trust says I am ok with not knowing, not understanding.  It's serving God with your heart not your mind. Trust takes our disappointments and chooses to put all expectations in God alone. 

 I have to be reminded that I am on a journey and just passing through.  This is not my home. One day there will be no more pain, cancer, death or battles to fight.  My heart is longing for that day!  Thank you, Lord that You give us a hope and a future.  I will honor You by trusting You.

John 20:29  Blessed are those who have never seen Me and yet have believed and adhered to and trusted and relied on Me.  





2 comments:

  1. So sorry that you had such a tough week. I am offering up a prayer for you, and all those in your life who faced a loss this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete